Wednesday 20 January 2010

One year

One year ago today I arrive in Papua New Guinea.  Wow... has it really been a year?  This week I am reading back through my blog entries and remembering the things I have experienced, the patients I have cared for, the people who have touched my life.  Time sure flies when you are having fun.  And boy am I having fun!  Thank you, Lord, for the blessings of serving at Kudjip.

Celebrating this anniversary also has me looking to the future.  2009 was all about getting settled in Papua New Guinea and learning the medical part of my job.  What are my goals and dreams for this upcoming year?  

First of all, I want to share Jesus with the patients, my co-workders, the people I meet on the road or in the market, friends and family back home.  Papa, how can I do that better?  Help my every action and word to radiate your love.  Use me to mend broken lives as well as broken bodies.  

Second, I want to build deeper friendships with the Papua New Guineans.  This week, Dr. Erin and I organized a Bible study with some of the single gals who work at the hospital or live on station.  I am really excited about getting to know these ladies, to study the Word and grow together.

So these are my resolutions for 2010.  A short but sweet list.  


"This is love:  not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."
~ 1 John 4:10-12


SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment