Sunday 15 April 2012

Stephoscope: April 2012 Newsletter

Dear Friends of PNG,

Well, just in case you were wondering if I dropped into the ocean on my way to to America... nope, I am still here and traveling all over the crazy place!  Home assignment has been wonderful, but much busier than I anticipated.  Sorry for the lack of correspondence.  I am starting to catch up with things...  I have added some new blogs over the last couple of weeks.  And since a some of the folks here in East KY (where I am currently touring) asked if I was still writing Stephoscope, I decided it was well past time to send out another newsletter.  So here it is!

The article on page 1 just briefly highlights some of the amazing people I have met in the last couple of months--the great cloud of witnesses that is cheering on the ministry of Kudjip Hospital.  A very special thank you to all of you who are praying for PNG!!!

Page 2 tells about the Hewa tribe of Enga Province.  In June, I get to travel with a community health and medical team to visit the Hewa people.  We will be doing some training to address their out of control newborn to 3 month mortality, and maternal health concerns.  Check out my blog for the full story.

And great news about our soon to be hydroelectric dam!!!

Hugs from America (but not for long)!
~ steph

P.S.  With this home assignment, my newsletter list is getting a little too big to handle.  I am working on a new format for Stephoscope.  In the future, the newsletter will be coming to you through a program called MailChimp (though still from this email address).  It will probably be email format rather than attachment.  It might look a little different, but will still include the same great stuff.  The program will also allow recipients to subscribe/unsubscribe at will.  Just FYI.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed your presentation at The Straight Creek Church Of The Nazarene. You did such a great job that it felt like we were there with you. Thanks for helping us understand more about missions. May God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete