Saturday 11 September 2010

Rock sliding

After such an intense week (see previous blog entries, and those aren't even all of the stories), it was time to have some serious fun...






On Saturday, the Dooley family led an excursion to one of their favorite spots.  The rock slide is about a 45 minute hike from Kudjip.  And when I say "rock slide," I don't mean an avalanche of pebbles or stones.  This is actually a giant slide that has been carved out of the mountain by a waterfall and it's associated stream/river.  The smooth route of the running water is also lined with a moss that makes it especially slick.  So if you don't mind getting a little slimy or a few holes in your britches, it makes for an awesome ride!
















































"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."
~ Psalm 40:1-3

3 comments:

  1. oh my word how fun!!!!!!!!! i DEFinitely want to go!!! :) :) love the pics and faces hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like the best water park ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the rock slides! Better than Oceans of Fun any day!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete