The World Evangelism Fund or WEF is the fund that supports the mission of the Church of the Nazarene: "to make Christlike disciples in the nations." Churches from all over the world contribute to WEF through Faith Promise (a program of planned giving) and Easter and Thanksgiving offerings. WEF helps to support many ministries of the Church of the Nazarene, such as...
- outreach in almost 150 world areas
- primary and secondary schools serving almost 69,000 children
- more than 40 Bible colleges and seminaries and 3 vocational and training colleges for 10,000 students
- 60 medical clinics and 2 hospitals
- literature translation and production in 95 languages
- administrative costs for Work & Witness, World Evangelism Broadcast, Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, Jesus Film Harvest Partners, and many other ministries
- salary, living and travel expenses, and benefits such as medical care to hundreds of missionaries serving around the world... including me!
This November, Nazarenes are being challenged to give the largest offering for the WEF in the history of the church: WEF Plus. In these times of global financial crisis, the WEF Plus is needed to sustain our mission at the current level.
What is WEF Plus?
Prevailing Prayer--this will not happen by human strength; "Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty," (Zechariah 4:6).
Love Offering--this gift is above any obligation or commitment' it must come from a heart of love and desire to fulfill the mission of God.
Unanimous Participation--we need every Nazarene in every church around the world to take part in this endeavor.
Strategic Sacrifice--every adult giving an extra $10 and every child giving 40 coins.
Will you pray for this special offering? And will you consider a gift to help continue the mission of the church around the world? If you would like to contribute to WEF Plus, click here.
Thank you to all of you who are supporting me and the work in Papua New Guinea. As Paul says in Philippians 1, I pray with joy because of your partnership in the Gospel!