Sunday 24 June 2012

Bikpela liklik

I am taking a short break from writing about Hewa (there are a couple more blogs to post) to share one sweet story with you...

The nursery is probably my favorite place in the whole hospital.  As you probably know, I love taking care of mamas and their babies.  The premies stay for two and sometimes three months.  I become rather attached to them and their mothers during that time.  Once the babies are big enough and healthy and growing, they can go home.  Unfortunately I rarely ever see them again.  I often wonder how my little ones do once they leave the hospital.


This past Saturday I was on call and stopped by A-ward.  There was a familiar face in the corner bed.  Hellen was one of my nursery mothers from last year.  Her baby Samantha was just 1400 grams when she was born in September.  Samantha lived in the nursery for the first three months of her life.  She is now 9 months old, and so grown up from the last time I saw her.  She was admitted for pneumonia, but had recovered and was well enough to discharge.


What a joy to see Samantha, who is now "bikpela liklik."  That is a Pidgin phrase that means "a little big."  Such a beautiful baby!


"But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To him be glory both now and forever!  Amen."
~ 1 Peter 3:18

2 comments:

  1. How fun and sweet to see a familiar face and get to see a baby now grown up into a bigger baby!

    ReplyDelete