Sunday 30 October 2011

MLC Top Ten

The MIssional Leaders' Conference finished up today with a wonderful service and message by our GS, Dr. Duarte.  What an incredible week of worshiping the Lord with my brothers and sisters from all over Asia and the Pacific.  I have been encouraged, inspired, and challenged!

Here is my Top Ten list for MLC...

10.  Sometimes I really enjoy being just a normal American.
9.  Mission vs. missions vs. missional.
8.  Angry Birds are taking over the world.
7.  You can have too much of a good thing.  In this case, food.
6.  New stamp in my passport!
5.  Nothing makes me happy quite like purple toes.
4a.  The city of Manila has three times the number of people as the entire country of PNG.  A little overwhelming for a FOB.
4b.  Manila wins the global award for customer service.
4c.  But not for air quality.
3.  It is so good to be with old friends.  Making new ones is the next best thing.
2.  You never stop being a doctor, so don't forget to pack the stethoscope.
1.  God is doing awesome things around Asia-Pacific and the world.  I am so excited that I get to be a part of His mission!


"With all this going for us, my dear, dear friends, stand your ground.  And don't hold back.  Throw yourselves into the work of the Master, confident that nothing you do for him is a waste of time or effort."
~ 1 Corinthians 15:58

No comments:

Post a Comment